I’ll start off by saying these cookies were addictive. I am not a fan of peanut butter but these were so tasty, I kept wanting to go back for more. Oh, they were good!
Some of my cookies came out flat and not thick. The problem was solved by putting the batter in the fridge for about 30 minutes before baking. Looks like I need to buy new baking soda. However, this in no way affected the taste. They were soft and tender with just the right amount of sweetness from the chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Brown Eyed Baker
Yield: about 16 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.