I’m back! June has been such a hectic month. And boy was it hot in New York. It was a toasty 100 degrees this past Saturday.
I was planning to go with a light dessert for more of the summer feel but in the end settled on cheesecake. It’s not something I make often. I also do not feel they give the uuuuu’s and aahhhh’s like the cupcakes or cakes I’ve prepared. So this is good practice.
Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 2 pkg (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp seedless raspberry jam
1. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the graham crumbs and melted butter; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
3. Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. Pour into crust.
4. Warm up raspberry jam for about 10 seconds. Dot top of batter with jam. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.